Celebrate Festival of Navratri in Himachal Pradesh
The Devbhoomi of Himachal Pradesh celebrates Navratri with devotion to Maa Durga as in other parts of the country. It is a time when people collectively pay their respect to the Maa Durga. It is one the important festival for the Hindus.
The Navratra Mela’s are organized on almost every part of the state. It’s an occasion to meet relatives and friends. This festival is celebrated from the Vedic time. Its mention is also found in Puranas.
Festival of Navratri in Himachal Pradesh
During these days, the devotees from India and abroad visit different temples in Kangra, Una and Bilaspur districts of HP to pay courtesy to Maa Durga. Thousands of devotees from all over India come every year to Durga temples in the Pradesh.
There are five Shakti Peet in Himachal
- Chintpurni Temple in Una district
- Chamunda Temple in Kangra district
- Brijeshwari Temple in Kangra district
- Jwalaji Temple in Kangra district
- Naina Devi Temple in Bilaspur district
All these five temples are interconnected via road. There is huge crowd in these temples during Navratri. There are special security arrangements made for handling the crowd to avoid unfortunate incidents.
Navratri means ‘nine nights’ symbolizing purity and power fills every one with utmost ‘shakti’ to live the life to fullest. People do ritualistic puja and fasting for nine consecutive days and nights. It follows the lunar calendar. Chanting of mantras and singing of bhajans and folk songs accompany the rituals for nine days. One of the important rituals in Navratri is the worshipping of little girls. They represent Goddess Durga and are known as ‘kanjaks.’ It is mainly performed on the eight day or Ashtami.
Chaitra Navratri 2014 Dates
- Ghatsthapana – Navratri Day 1 – March 31, 2014
- Sindhara Dooj, Dwitiya – April 1, 2014
- Gaur Teej, Saubhagya Teej, Tritiya – April 2, 2014
- Varadvinayak Chaturthi – April 3, 2014
- Sri Laxmi Panchami Vrat, Naag Vrat Pujan – April 4, 2014
- Skand Shashthi, Yamuna Jayanti – April 5, 2014
- Mahasaptami Vrat, Chaiti Chath, Vijaya Saptami – April 6, 2014
- Sri Durga Mahaashtami, Annapurna Ashtami – April 7, 2014
- Chaitra Navratri ends – Ram Navratri Day 9 – April 8, 2014
Feeling of faith towards the mother Goddess almighty is in the air all over. All the temples are beautifully decorated. So is a treat for the eyes of the visitors as well. Himachaltaxi.com will be privileged for taking you to all the temples in Himachal Pradesh. Feel free to contact at 980 510 2002 / 981 720 2002 / email@example.com.
March 30, 2014 / Himani Sharma / 0
Call Us Now
Cell: +91 98051 02 002
Get a Quote
[contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /]
[contact-field label=”Contact No.” type=”contact no” placeholder=”Mobile” required=”true” /]
[contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” placeholder=”Your Email Address” required=”true” /]
[contact-field label=”Travel Date” type=”travel date” placeholder=”dd/mm/yy” required=”true” /]
[contact-field label=”Vehicle Required” type=”vehicle required” placeholder=”Innova/ Dzire/Tempo” required=”true” /]
[contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” placeholder=”Send us your Tour Plan mentioning Pickup & Drop places” required=”true” /]