Online Payment Options
Hire Taxi Call Us Now
Cell: +91 980 510 2002
Cell: +91 981 720 2002
- Planning a trip to Shimla Kullu Manali
- Traffic thrown open at Rohtang Pass Manali
- Heavy snowfall in Shimla Manali
- HRTC online booking and time table
- Green Tax to be imposed on vehicles in Shimla
- Shimla gets closer as new Shatabdi started between Delhi & Chandigarh
- Delhi to Manali by road
- Shimla Taxi | Shimla Manali Taxi | Best Taxi Service in Shimla
- Heavy snowfall warning in Himachal Pradesh
- Taxi operators indefinate strike likely from March 9 in Himachal
Himachal state museum in Shimla gets new block
A new block was added to the state museum of Himachal Pradesh located at Shimla recently displaying rare miniature paintings. The state museum showcases the rich cultural and archaeological heritage of Himachal Pradesh.
The block was inaugurated by chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal.
Speaking at the occasion Manisha Nanda, principal secretary language and culture department said the new block was built at a cost of ₹ 5 crore in typical hill architecture with wood work. She said Pahari miniature, Himachal jewellery, Rajasthan miniature, contemporary painting and anthropological sections have been added to the museum.
A special section on Himachali culture would be dedicated to visitors, she added. Besides exhibits, a laboratory has also been built to preserve antiquities and manuscripts. The museum’s archaeological gallery has a collection of stone sculptures from different parts of the state.
The sculptures of Simhavahini Durga from Hatkoti, Surya from Kullu, Lakshmi from Nirmand, Kartikeya from Karsog and Nidhi from Kangra are the main attractions.